Skip to main content

Eiffel Tower

05-Oct-2014

This was Sunday. Day started with the good news. I woke up and called the reception and inquired about the luggage and to my surprise it had arrived on earlier night 2.30AM. I must appreciate airline for their efforts to bring the luggage back. They kept their promise. Good job Emirates. Now after arrival of my luggage I was suddenly ready for all the possible situations that I may face.

Earlier evening I purchased 'Navigo' card, so I was all set to roam anywhere in the Paris at anytime without any problem. Paris has got best traveling/commuting network. I will write separately about it. It deserve separate post. So on Sunday morning I went to La Chappel area in Paris. It is the area where many Indians, Sri Lankans live and have the shops. When I went to this area I felt like I am roaming on any Indian road. There are many Indian shops, hotels, cloths and jewellery shops. One of my experienced friend showed a good Indian grocery shop where I was able to find many Indian  items. So my friends purchased some vegetables. In the same area I was able to locate the Phone Sim card and activated it. It was very cold weather in Paris. Specially when wind blows it feels much colder.

After this we roamed in some near by area. Then at 3.00 clock we arrived back to hotel. Then in the evening we decided to go for Eiffel tower. Here, we first took metro M12 and stepped down and took another metro and caught the RER train to get down at Champ de Mars station. From there its five minutes walk. While walking I suddenly noticed Eiffel tower. It was not first time I seen it but, its beautiful nature and height can be understood when we go close. Its soooooooooo beautiful. This time I did not went up, there was some queue. So I roamed in nearby area around Eiffel tower. I also took photo of Mr. Eiffel. Really he has done great job. It is very beautiful in nearby too. There is an excellent garden around. I took some snaps of mine and Eiffel tower. Just pasting some snaps below. Eiffel tower is so beautiful that I was not able to take my eyes away from it. I wanted to take snaps and keep it watching for hours.

                                                             So beautiful and Tall.
                                                                   Seine river..

                                              Soap Balloons made by a Man near Eiffel Tower


                                                           Garden near Eiffel tower


                                                     Eiffel tower when lights were on

Just a note, in the evening at 8.00 clock, for five minutes Eiffel tower twinkles. It looks magical. But, this we missed on this Sunday. While returning we took wrong train went 3 stations ahead and then understood our mistake. Then again we came back to same place from where we started and came back to hotel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Transpotation in Paris

Paris is famous for its museum, for Eiffel tower, as a city of romance but also it is famous for its best ever public transport service. City is divided in various zones. There are four ways of transportation, bus, metro, tram and RER (it is a railway). But the best part is they are well connected with each other. For regular travelers it is possible to buy just one Navigo card. It is the pass or card, by using which it is possible to travel by any of the above means in any zone of the city. So good thing is, it is literally possible to travel at any part of the city without carrying a single cent for complete one month.  Based on zones and the tracks of metro, tram etc. city maps are available. These maps are elaborate and self-explanatory. Once understood how to read, then it is possible to roam at any part of city without opening mouth. Tram or metro are running at every 3 to 5 minutes. So waiting is minimal. Inside the metro, or tram or RER, all stations on that root are

Go Australia

I started this blog to express my views, experience of the world and my world. I don't want to make it travel blog but many times I travel to some places and I cannot resist myself to write about it. I recently came to Perth, Australia. This is my first journey towards East side of India or Australian continent. I came by Mumbai - Singapore - Perth. At first I must say Mumbai airport is very good. I can compare it with any other great airports of the world. Processes are smooth, no confusion at any point. Well done Mumbai. Flight from Mumbai to Singapore was great. At the first time I saw Mumbai from top. It looks cool although, there is big slum area near airport. It does not look good. But, Queen's necklace, Bandra Worli sea link looks awesome. When you see something from top, you get a complete different perpective. We suddenly realize that there are other dimensions to the world. Ok let me not get started on philosophy. The flight to Singapore was cool. After cros

Karla Caves

Last Saturday and weekend, we decided to go for a short trip near Pune towards Mumbai at Lonavala (60KM). On the way of Lonavala there is a small tourist attraction. Karla caves. Compare to Ajanta Ellora it is very small. However, the carvings, sculptures never stops to amaze me.  If you start from Pune, then it is 6KM before reaching Lonavala. It takes 15 - 20 minutes trek and you would reach the mountain top to find Karla caves in front of you. It is protected by ASI (Archaeological Survey of India). Number of caves is small probably less than 10 but still they are amazing. If you happen to travel in rainy season, natural waterfalls are active and they are falling in front of caves. Caves mainly can be divided in two parts. One part is temple and other parts are rooms for devotees.  You should certainly plan the visit. It will give you mesmerizing experience and some great memories.  Here are some glimpse of beauty...I am sure you will visit there.